There is always a lot of debate when it comes to wearing condoms during sex. And maybe the most commonly asked question is why should we use them?
The basic concept of condoms is that they prevent semen from fertilizing eggs after intercourse. There are essentially 2 different types of condoms: the ones made for men to use and ones designed for use by women. The most common type of this kind of contraceptive is by far and away, the male condom.
Here are 10 top reasons why you should start or continue to use them:
- Protection against sexually transmitted infection (STI) - It is a fact that the top diseases that both male and women suffer from fall into the category of sexually transmitted infections. And these are usually the result of unprotected sexual intercourse. HIV- the virus that causes AIDS is one of the most serious diseases that is spread, most commonly, through sex. Simply wearing a condom can protect you from all these.
- Prevention of Pregnancy - If you are not ready to be a parent just yet using a condom will help you to manage the situation so that you get pregnant only when you want to have a baby. Condoms have a 98% success rate when it comes to preventing pregnancy
- Easily available - Condoms of different kinds and makes are readily available at many different outlets. At BeSafe® we produce only the best and most reliable products and we are confident that once you have tried our range you will be a customer for life!
- No side effects - Birth control pills or spermicidal solutions can have side effects. Condoms rarely cause any problem and if there is ever a reaction it will be localised to the skin. Knowing how to put on a condom properly reduces the chances of having even a localised side effect. A polyurethane condom would be the best choice for anyone with a latex allergy.
- No prescriptions required - If you use condoms, you would not need any other type of medication to prevent pregnancy. Condoms do not require a prescription.
- Taking responsibility - Condoms are not about promoting irresponsible sex or promiscuous sex. Knowing how to use a condom and making sure that you always do that increases awareness and makes couples more responsible.
- Condoms are known to boost sexual pleasure - With many different types, condoms such as the various ranges that BeSafe® offer can actually heighten sexual experience. Polyurethane condoms are so thin and transparent it can feel as though you do not have a condom on at all. There are also those with more texture for extra stimulation.
- Practice makes perfect - It is a good idea to practice so that you know what you are doing and so that your lovemaking will not be hindered by a lot of fumbling. Remember that it is not a good idea to unroll the condom prior to wearing it, as this will increase the amount of air inside it.
- Menstrual cycle is unaffected - Unlike pills and injections, condoms have no effect on the female menstrual cycle in the way some contraceptive pills can do.
- Condoms can help prevent Cervical Cancer - Studies show that women who ask their partners to wear condoms during intercourse definitely reduce the risks of HPV - the virus that causes Cervical Cancer.